Summer Day Camps
The Sportplex is pleased to offer exciting programs this summer for your child(ren). Camps this year will include:
- Martial Arts
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM)
- Swimming and Fitness
- Teen Adventures Travel
- Track and Field
- Video Game Design
Each camp concludes with a Showcase, displaying the skills campers have learned during their time with us.
- 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Extended Care Programs
- Before Care Hours - 7 a.m. until 9 a.m.
- After Care Hours - 4:30 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- Field House - All campers registered for the extended care programs.
- 4:30 p.m.
- Campers will be seated on the bleachers at the back entrance of the Field House
- Early Pick-up - Parents must pick-up their child(ren) from their home base, (i.e., classroom, gym, Field House, or Studio)
A late fee will be assessed for campers who are not picked up by the program scheduled end time. The fee is $5 per camper for every 15 minutes, or a portion thereof, per child.
Parking is permitted only in designated parking spaces. No drop-off or pick-up is allowed in the front of the building. All violators will be subject to ticketing.
- All campers must be signed in and out on a daily basis.
- Identification is required for sign-out.
- No one under 18 years of age is permitted to sign out a child(ren).
- All individuals authorized to sign out must be listed on the Day Camp Authorization Form.
- Parents are responsible for providing a bag lunch for their child(ren) daily.
- During camp hours, campers are not allowed to use the vending machines or buy food at Betty's Place and Café.
- Camp calendars are distributed every session listing your child's daily activities.
- Camp-wide "special activities" and on-site field trips will be posted for your awareness.
- Camp Showcases will be held on the last Friday of each session. Parents are encouraged to attend!
Visit the Parks and Recreation page for more information about summer day camps, associated extended care options, summer playgrounds, and summer teen centers at venues throughout Prince George's County. If you have questions, call the Park and Planning Help Desk at 301-699-2255.